£5 discount with code: RCCCPD17
Are you looking for more outlets for your work? Do you know the differences between retail and trade fairs? Do you need support to expand your creative business?
Why should you attend?
– Find out about the differences between retail and trade fairs and advice to support you in making the right choice for your creative business.
– To find out if your creative practice is ready for a craft fair and top tips on how to prepare you for a craft fair.
– Find out about craft fairs aboard and how this could be a good option to expand your markets.
Who is speaking?
– Crafts Council Talent Development Manager will be offering a wealth of experience and expertise in supporting creative people in their business development.
– Experienced makers will be sharing their wealth of knowledge and experience of trade and retail fairs and what you need to consider if showcasing abroad.
What is on offer?
– Advice on the logistics that need to be considered on the types of audiences at craft fairs, how to price your work and how to market yourself when exhibiting at a craft fair.
– The potential timescales involved and a recommended month by month plan on how to prepare for a fair.
– How you can get prepared for the cost implications and the time implications.
1.15pm: Arrival, registration and tea / coffee
1.30pm: Welcome and Introductions
1.55pm: Crafts Council Talent Development Manager
3.05pm: Workshop continued
3.35pm: Maker presentation
4.15pm: Reflections and Q+A
Tea and coffee will be provided at the start of the session and during the afternoon break. **£5 Discount available to Crafts Council Directory makers, please email for more info** Craft Fairs workshop is part of a series of workshops and events designed by the Crafts Council to provide makers with skills to export and promote their work successfully.
Tickets for the event can be purchased online: www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/craft-fairs-explainedtickets-37032206326